- Firstly, download the windows (XP VISTA Win 7) drivers from here: http://www.4shared.com/zip/Hi8DmBSu/mt65XXusbdriver.html
- Turn off the phone and remove the battery.
- Replace the battery and plug the USB cable into the phone from the PC
- Windows will ask for the driver.
- Unzip the downloaded driver file and install the correct driver.
- Unplug the USB cable from the phone
- Download the Phone flashing utility here: http://www.4shared.com/rar/2aumQiiS/SP_Flash_Tool_v3122200.html
- Unzip to a folderdouble click to launch the file called flash_tool.exe
- Download the third file here: http://www.4shared.com/zip/iQ0eD_3y/HDC_Note2_ZP900S_ICS_HW_201208.html. This file is the largest file which contains the main rooted firmware including CWM recovery. Unzip this file.
- Switch to the program flash_tool.exe whch is running and open scatter text file found in the downloaded unzipped rom directory. By default all check boxes on the left should be checked.
- See screen capture above
- Click download on the flash tool...
- Remove battery and replace then plug USB cable to phone.
- Windows should autodetect the phone and activate the driver. The flash tool will start flashing your phone. When finished, a green circle in a window should appear.
- Unplug and start your phone. You are done.
- I will not be responsible for bricked devices. Proceed at your own risk. I will also not provide support for the uploaded ROMs. Please know what you are doing before attempting this operation.
Sunday, September 30, 2012
I promised some guys that I will do a small tutorial showing how to root and install a complete stable rom for the HDC Galaxy Note 2 Samsung Clone. There are instructions all over the internet and some are not in English so I have put the files in one place. This rom is from the ZOPO ZP900S or ZP900 lite phone and is identical to the HDC Galaxy Note 2. You can flash Jelly Bean on it when they release if for the the ZOPO or Hero phones.